Main | Register | Entrepreneurs | Agenda | Speakers | Sponsors | Venue | Press
Entrepreneurs—Get ready for your moment in the spotlight…it’s showtime!
The application deadline to be a CED Tech Venture Demo & Showcase Company has passed. Stay tuned: Participating companies will be announced on August 1st!
We listened to your feedback...at this year's CED Tech Venture Conference, we are opening up our Demo Room to more companies, not just the ones pitching on stage. We've also tried to keep things simple. The same above application can be used to reserve your table in the Demo Room AND apply for an opportunity to pitch on-stage as a 2014 CED Tech Venture Showcase Company.
So what does it mean to be a Showcase Company? A limited number of the region’s most disruptive emerging technology companies will be chosen to represent our region and deliver a short pitch during the conference. This elite group will pitch on the main stage to an audience of over 600 attendees as well as a small panel of judges. To be considered for a main stage Showcase Company pitch at the CED Tech Venture Conference 2014, all interested companies must apply by July 17th. A selection committee will review all applications and the official lineup will be announced in early August.
Benefits to Entrepreneurs include the following:
- STREET CRED: Recognition by CED and other leaders in the entrepreneurial community as one of the Top "Tech Companies to Watch” in North Carolina
- INVESTOR EXPOSURE: Access to 600+ Industry Leaders, Investors and Corporate Leaders coming to your backyard! Not to mention over 25 out-of-market investment firms.
- MAIN STAGE PUBLICITY: A chance to pitch on the main stage to an audience full of investors and other potential partners/advisors (application process).
- SHOW AND TELL: A reserved conference Demo Room Exhibit Booth for the entire conference (equipped with 3 x 6 table, power, internet)
- NEWS COVERAGE: Exposure to Local and National Media Coverage (22 separate news articles from 2013 conference)
- EXCLUSIVE WORKSHOPS: Access to entrepreneur-only workshops to further the development of your company
To apply, your company must be headquartered in North Carolina and you must be developing a product or technology in one of the following areas: Healthcare IT, Ecommerce, Media/Entertainment, Data/Analytics, Advanced Materials, Social, Mobile, Cloud Services, and other tech-enabled services.
2013 Demo Companies:
Software, Systems & Services
Cleantech / Greentech
Consumer & Internet